2016 - Present
VMware VDI Admin
Define Windows, Linux gold images standards and deployment of both, persistent and linked-instant clones.
Work on ticketing system to solve escalated issues.
Implement and maintained VMware vSphere Infrastructure.
Perform scheduled maintenance of View and vSphere environment.
Diagnosis and troubleshooting of communication between virtual and physical peripherals.
Develop and maintain NSX DFW policies that surround VDI pools.
Interfaces with VMware support to ensure appropriate resolution of vSphere/view environment outages.
2014 - 2016
- Managed Active directory users and computers accounts.
- Provided assistance to other Administrators when requested.
- Performed repairs and replacement of peripherals on laptops and desktops.
- Installed, configured, supported and troubleshooted Windows 7, 10, MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and other authorised desktop applications.
- Provided support to in-house and remote users via webex and logmeIn.
- Diagnosed and resolved a wide range of Windows applications problems in a timely manner to help minimize down time.
- Maintained and consistently demonstrated general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and PHI procedures.
2012 - 2014
Forsyth County Schools
Technical Support Specialist
Managed and Administered Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations and laptops.
Assisted with daily maintenance of the school division’s local, wired and wireless area computer network.
Configured, installed, troubleshooted and maintained PC desktop computer, smart boards, laser printers, projectors, sound systems and hardware in a networked environment.
Maintained the schools’ computer hardware inventory.
Responded to ticket requests for the purpose of problem solving, technical support and training.
Provided assistance to other staff as needed.
Technology equipment roll-outs to schools in the county.
Supported Microsoft Office 2007/2010.
2012 - 2012
Gainesville City Schools
IT Support Technician Intern
Provided technical support for the faculty and computer labs.
Added, maintained and removed
Assisted the technician and network administrators with installation of software and drivers for computer devices.
Answered work orders in a timely manner.
Basic network troubleshooting.
Utilised problem solving and troubleshooting abilities to resolve any major issues.
Assisted with the repair and maintenance of printers, monitors, scanners, and hardware.
I have been in the IT industry for nearly 8 years. My expertise is in the VMware Horizon, vSphere and NSX product lines. I also have knowledge of cisco switching & routing, windows server administration, Active Directory, Windows 7,10, Group Policy and some Linux administration in an open ldap environment.